What is a lukewarm Christian?
SOMEONE WHO BELIEVES IN GOD, BUT LIVES AS IF HE DOESN’T EXIST.
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the
Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know
your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or
the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out
of my mouth. Rev. 3:14-16
CHARACTERISTICS OF LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS
1) Crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God.
2) Rarely share their faith in Christ.
3) Do whatever it takes to alleviate their guilt.
4) Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven.
5) Gauge their morality by comparing to others.
6) Wants to be saved from the penalty of sin without changing their
7) Only turn to God when they are in a bind.
8) Give whenever it doesn’t hinder their standard of living.
9) Are not much different from the rest of the world.
10) Want the benefits of what Christ did without conforming to who He is.
You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But
you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens
the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. Rev 3:17, 20
Crave acceptance from Him!
Share him whenever and wherever possible!
Long to be with him eternally in heaven.
This world is not your home!
Give radically, generously, fanatically!
Seek God… faithfully!
Grieve over sinfulness
Different, set apart!
1) Are you more passionate about Christ this year than last year? Why or
2) Review the 10 qualities of lukewarm Christians. What is the biggest
one (if any) that applies to you?
–Jason (Set on Fire for Him!)
**From Lifechurch.TV Message**