Have you ever wondered how you fit in to the Body of Christ? Do your spiritual gifts get overlooked or unused? Do you feel left out?
In this post, we will talk about spiritual gifts, the Body of Christ, and how God composed the Body of Christ.
Let’s begin with the Word of God.
1 Corinthians 12:4-5 “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.”
- The Spirit that is mentioned here is the Holy Spirit. Now, the Holy Spirit indwells in each and every Christian. The Holy Spirit may tell one person to go to the mission field, while the Spirit tells another person to evangelize the lost people in his/her neighborhood. Although there are multiple instructions, there is only one Holy Spirit.
- The same God who raised Jesus Christ from the dead empowers us to do His work.
Verses 7-10 right after this section name some specific spiritual gifts that believers have.
And this leads us to verse 11.
1 Corinthians 12:11 “All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as He wills.”
And speaking of how God composed the body…
1 Corinthians 12:24-25 “But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.”
Simple Lessons from 1 Corinthians:
- There are a variety of spiritual gifts.
- Each part of the Body of Christ is important. If you feel overlooked, remember that God made you special because He apportioned a spiritual gift for you to use for His glory alone.
- Find ways to serve or ask your pastor to help you to know how you fit into the body of Christ in your local church.
How do you plan on using your spiritual gifts to help others this week?
-Mark and Rachel Shaw (grateful to be a part of the Body of Christ)