Do you have new life? Have you been born — into a spiritual family — into God’s family? If so, when did that happen?
In Colossians 3, the writer, Paul, is very clear on how we should continue to live out our faith – keeping our eyes on eternity:
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. ~~Colossians 3:1-2
The Amazing Grace of God:
- When Christ, who (if you’re a Christian) is your life, comes back again, you, Christian, will be raised with Him in glory!
For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. ~~Colossians 3:3-4
- Our gracious God plans for us (Christians) to be with Him in glory. Wow! Isn’t that amazing? Undeserving sinners are redeemed, or bought back from sin and death, to live eternally with Christ Jesus forever.
Suggested Application/Spiritual Growth:
- Memorize Colossians 3:1-17. I, Rachel, learned this passage when I was very young, and I still know it to this day! If you have children, encourage them to memorize it along with you! One child could memorize verse 1, the next verse 2, the next verse 3, then altogether verse 4, and so on. Make it a memorable, fun experience for them!
- Life’s Goal = Bring Glory to God. And how do we do that? We’ll find out in Colossians 3:17!
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. ~~Colossians 3:17
- The above verse includes “giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Because of what Jesus did on the cross, we can now be thankful to God for allowing that to happen!
Join the Conversation:
How do you plan on living out your faith and bringing glory to God this week?
–Mark and Rachel Shaw (thankful that we will be raised with Jesus in glory!)