Here are 22 ways you can pray for The Addiction Connection on…
- Increasing in love for all the saints (v.4) Father, grant each program and ministry hearts of love toward all the brothers and sisters in Christ.
2. Having eyes fixed on the hope laid up for them in heaven (v.5) Lord, please keep our eyes set on You in the busyness of ministry and service to Your Kingdom.
3. Faith that is bearing fruit and increasing through the understanding of the grace of God in truth (v.6) Father, would you grant fruit bearing that we can clearly see from your Hand of grace in truth.
4. Being filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding (v.9) Father, please fill all the ministry leaders with the knowledge of your will for each day’s work.
5. To walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him; bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God (v.10) Father, may we please you in all that we do, as we represent your NAME to a lost and dying world.
6. Being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy (v.11) Father, we ask you to strengthen everyone involved in TAC with Your power, for all endurance and patience with joy.
From Eph. 1 pray these things for Dr. Mark E. Shaw, TAC Founder and President, and his wife, Mary, and the entire Shaw family, Mark, Jr., Sarah, Rachel, Michael, Ronny, and Sandra; and Miss Shirley Crowder, Vice-President:
7. The Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of their hearts enlightened, that they may know what is the hope to which he has called them… [and] the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints (vv 17-18).
8. By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; (v.3) Father, please build The Addiction Connection with wisdom and understanding.
9. by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. (v.4) Father, would you please grant divine wisdom and knowledge of how to proceed in building the future of The Addiction Connection in 2022.
10. A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might, (v.5) Father, grant Dr. Mark E. Shaw and TAC’s Board the wisdom that they would be full of strength and people of knowledge to enhance the ministry as You see fit this year. May Dr. Shaw and TAC’s Board seek You in all that they do, all the decisions that they make, and all the networking that occurs.
11. for by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory. (v.6) Father, please give the entire Board wisdom and wise counsel in waging the spiritual war against the evils and sins associated with what is called addiction.
From 1 Peter 1:13-16, Pray these things for those who are CABC’s, for those in the process of obtaining their CABC, and for the Commissioners and Disciple-Making Teams,
12. Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (v. 13) Father, thank you for those who are CABC’s already. Thank you for their heart of love toward those in addictions. Prepare their minds for action and keep them sober-minded in these days in which we live, cause them to set their hope fully on the grace from you that they have access to right now, until the moment of the coming again of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
13. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, (v. 14) Father, we pray for those in the process of obtaining the CABC, that they would not be conformed to their former manner of thinking and desires and that they would finish the process strong.
14. We lift up these who are studying and training for their CABC to you Lord, to Your throne of Grace. We pray for perseverance for the spiritual race that they are in …
Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown…
Father, may the patient endurance in keeping your word (from Rev. 3:10-11 above) be true in their lives.
From Eph. 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints… Father, we pray perseverance will be part of their character in increasing measure as the days grow difficult.
15. Father, when they feel discouraged, as we all do at times, Jesus, we pray that your Word and Your people will be a source of encouragement and hope for them in those moments of temptation.
16. For those believers who may be caught in addiction who are fighting despair and losing sight of the eternal goal of pleasing You, we lift them up to you, Lord, knowing you have a perfect plan to redeem not only their souls but to redeem (bring good from) their failures and sins (if they are believers) and to save those who may be mistaken identity and think they are in Your Kingdom when they are not.
17. We ask You, Jesus, for those who may have a false assurance, and are still unbelievers, that You would– by your Sovereign grace and Holy Spirit– cause them to cry out to You and come to You by grace through faith in Jesus’ finished work on the cross. (Eph 2:8-10) You have work for them to accomplish, Lord! Today is the Day of salvation. We are still in the ‘Day of the favor of the Lord’ (Luke 4:19) Jesus just like you said, and because you have not returned yet, You are still saving your people! Only You can save them.. our prayers cannot save them… our prayers cannot change their hearts… but we lay them at Your feet Lord, asking will you do a work in each of these souls here.
18. We pray for the addictions biblical counselors all over the U.S. and around the world in TAC’s network: Father we ask that You would enable them to discern how to “admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, and be patient with them all…” (1 Thess 5:14) in regards to the young believers who are becoming more mature in their faith.
19. Father, we pray for the believers that they will look to You with full assurance of faith and with a righteous fear of You that acknowledges You as the Holy God, and Lord and King of their lives that You are! Embolden them in their faith and their calling from You Lord, that they may not be ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of God to salvation! (Romans 1:16) Give them boldness to share the work You have done at the cross… for it truly is Your Good News not ours. (Romans 1:1- the Gospel of God” – You initiated and you secured it! It’s all about You, Lord!)
20. Father, please grant the believers quick repentance when sin is crouching at the door. (Gen 4:7) May they flee idolatry (1 Cor 10:14) and flee temptation just like Joseph did (Gen 39). May they encourage one another in their ministry teams to do the same.
21. Father, thank you for all that You have accomplished already in the lives of those associated with The Addiction Connection. Thank you for all that you are doing right now in TAC. Thank you for all that You are going to do in 2022.
22. Your Kingdom come, Lord, in all the lives within The Addiction Connection’s network, Your Will (not ours) be done in TAC.
Scripture quotations are from the ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. May not copy or download more than 500 consecutive verses of the ESV Bible or more than one half of any book of the ESV Bible.