Addiction Counselor Training
Get ready for relational connection and practical disciple-making!
If you have a heart for people enslaved to addiction and desire to see their lives transformed by Christ, this Commissioning process will:
- Teach you what you need to know to be faithful to the Word and to your counselees
- Help you think through your story, your desire to help, and how you can help addicts most effectively
- Partner you up with experienced addictions biblical counselors to assist in your training through weekly meetings
- Assess your training and readiness through both written tests and one-on-one interviews
- Connect you with addictions biblical counselors and their ministries around the world
- …And so much more!
This online course will prepare a counselor to engage counselees who are controlled by life-dominating sins, temptations, and addictive behaviors, while providing hope and direction to them in the midst of their struggles.
Taught by Dr. Mark E. Shaw in video format, this course has over 20 hours of biblical teaching produced by Grace Counseling Center in Florence, KY (an ACBC Certified Training Center), launched by The Addiction Connection, and created in partnership with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
This is the Education Phase for ACBC’s Addictions Counseling Specialization.