1. We Gathered
- What a blessing to gather with like-minded women and men at our 6th Annual TAC Leadership Summit to learn from, encourage, and connect with each other this year!
- To watch the sessions from past Summits, click here!
- SAVE THE DATE for next year: August 3-5, 2023 in Cincinnati, OH.
2. We Proclaimed Hope and Featured Addiction Ministries and Programs
- Volunteer leaders represented T.A.C. at the annual ACBC (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors) conference in Cordova, TN with a resource and information booth.
- Encouraged, promoted, and strengthened our partnership with Village Mercy Ministry and Joshua Brunk in South Africa.
- Partnered and promoted Deaf Biblical Counseling
- T.A.C. presented a book table and an information and resource booth at the annual IABC conference (International Association of Biblical Counselors) in Fairview Heights, IL
- Continued regular podcasts including special guests who shared the hope of the Gospel for the heart of addiction
- Expanded our YouTube channel with more free content and now over 300 subscribers.
- Expanded our network of CABC trained counselors (20+ of whom completed Commissioning in 2022 along with added residential and non-residential programs!
3. We Witnessed Transformation
- Testified to the Holy Spirit’s work in transforming the lives of addicts into Christ-followers
- God is using our two care group studies: Next Steps: Be TRANSFORMED curriculum and Family Help for Addiction are impacting lives as Biblical replacements for self-help, support groups, or “Christian-oriented-steps” programs.
4. We Equipped and Trained
- Dr. Mark Shaw presented workshops in Bozeman, Montana; Fairview Heights, IL; and Florence, KY in 2022
- Continued offering our online video training options for addictions biblical counseling
- Helped develop women and men as leaders in the biblical approach to the addiction counseling arena through phone calls, video chats, emails and personal communication.
- Advised churches and ministries in how to give biblical help to addicts.
- Maintained hosting for a robust and comprehensive online video education phase for ACBC’s addictions counseling specialization with content that meets and exceeds ACBC requirements.
5. We Gave
- Offered scholarships for training and commissioning and Summit attendance.
- Gifted resources with the biblical approach to addiction to those who utilize them to disciple others
What a year!
We look forward to how God will use TAC in 2023,
Mark E. Shaw, D.Min., CABC, ACBC, IABC, CADAC II, is a biblical counselor, ordained minister, speaker, and author of over 26 books and booklets of hope and help. Dr. Shaw has been involved in counseling since the early 90’s. He served in residential care and medication assisted treatment centers (methadone), but Biblical Counseling became his passion in 2001.
The Addiction Connection is Here for You!
The Addiction Connection is a network of ministries who offer the hope of transformed lives through Jesus Christ for anyone struggling with addiction of any kind. Our network of encouraging resources, ministries, and biblical programs that stretch across America and the world will always point people to Jesus Christ and the Word of God for answers.
- Need a Biblical Residential Program? Here are some we recommend.
- Need a Biblical Non-Residential Program? Here are the ones we’d recommend.
- Here is a list of people we have trained in biblical addiction counseling through our Commissioning Program who you can reach out to for hope and help.
- Looking for biblical addiction counseling training? Find out about our Commissioning Program HERE.
- Are you a leader who wants to help those who are addicted? Check out this disciple-making curriculum we created just for you entitled Next Steps: Be TRANSFORMED.
- Looking for addiction resources, courses, curriculum? Find out more HERE.
- Are you more of a podcast-listener-while-you-get-things-done? The Addiction Connection Podcast is just for you!