By TAC Team (based on teaching from Miss Shirley Crowder and Dr. Mark Shaw’s Podcast Conversation)-April 2022 – Podcast #154 “Easter week 4”
“Do you know the Jesus about whom you’ve been reading?”
“After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives. Then Jesus said to them, “Tonight all of you will fall away because of me, for it is written: I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered. But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you to Galilee.”
Peter told him, “Even if everyone falls away because of you, I will never fall away.”
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to him, “tonight, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times.”
“Even if I have to die with you,” Peter told him, “I will never deny you,” and all the disciples said the same thing.” – (Matthew 26:30-35, CSB) 
So you think you’re better than Peter?
It’s easy to be judgmental towards Peter in this passage. But we have to realize that if we were in Peter’s shoes/sandals, we would do the same thing if not worse. An important question for self-assessment is
“In what ways do I deny Jesus with my thoughts and actions?”
We all say that we would never deny Jesus but we can do the very same thing as Peter in our own lives very easily. Take a moment to seriously think about this question. Maybe even write them down and pray about them.
Do you know the Jesus about whom you’ve been reading?
Am I really saved? This is a common question among believers. It is not a bad thing to wrestle with this question. Getting right with God is of utmost importance and has eternal value. If you need help, we suggest finding a Christ-following friend. If you don’t know any Christians, then find a church or a pastor to help you understand who God is, how sin separated us, and how can we be redeemed. Take some time to reflect on this question as well.
Dr. Shaw says, “I think this chapter is important for everybody because we all doubt God. We don’t really know him or trust him—we forget who He is.”
God wants us to trust Him and do what he has called us to do.
Next podcast is The Beautiful Cross. The cross isn’t beautiful so what do we mean by that
EASTER: Meditations for Addicts was written by Dr. Mark E. Shaw and Shirley Crowder and is part of a series along with the book ADVENT: Meditations for Addicts. Shirley is a co-founder of this ministry with Dr. Shaw and serves as The Addiction Connection’s Vice President. She is a gifted writer and speaker and teaches women all over the country.
The Addiction Connection is Here for You!
The Addiction Connection is a network of ministries who offer hope in Jesus for those struggling with addiction of any kind. Our network of encouraging resources, ministries, and biblical programs that stretch across America and the world will always point people to truth in Jesus Christ for answers.
- Looking for biblical addiction training? Find out about our 4-6 month Commissioning Program HERE.
- Here is a list of people we have trained in biblical addiction counseling through our Commissioning Program who you can reach out to for hope and help.
- Need a Biblical Residential Program? Here are some we recommend.
- Need a Biblical Non-Residential Program? Here are the ones we’d recommend.
- Are you a leader who wants to help addicts? Check out this disciple-making curriculum we created just for you entitled Next Steps: Be TRANSFORMED.
- Looking for additional resources, courses, curriculum? Find out more HERE.
- Are you more of a podcast-listener-while-you-get-things-done? The Addiction Connection Podcast is just for you!