For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me! ~Job 19:25-27
What does this passage say?
- My Redeemer truly lives! Just like His Word, the Bible, He is living and active!
- After our bodies decay, we will see the Lord God Almighty! Hope in our Loving, Heavenly Father!
- Job 19:27 reminds us that we will see God with our own eyes. The Lord is coming to earth to fulfill Revelation 4:8b which says,
“Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
who was and is and is to come!” ~Revelation 4:8b
Suggested Application/Spiritual Growth:
- Realizing that God is a holy God, you must understand that we are not holy in and of ourselves. We sin everyday. James 2:10 says, “For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.“ We are accountable for obeying God’s laws. We are provided with the indwelling Holy Spirit of God to enable us to be holy, or set apart, from sin. Believers can obey God and His laws and are being sanctified, or cleaned up, from sinful heart attitudes.
- Has there been a definite point in time where you’ve said, “Lord, I’m a sinner. Will you please forgive me of my sins and give a new heart to live for You?” (or something similar)?
- Have you put your trust in the Lord God Almighty? Remember that He’s coming back to earth soon, so be sure you have salvation before it’s too late! (If you need more information about salvation, feel free to leave a comment below and ask us questions.)
- Not only does God forgive, but He transforms us through progressive sanctification meaning we become more Christ-like day by day!
Join the Conversation/Leave a Comment Below: It is clear from verses 25-27 who is at the center of Job’s heart, soul, mind, and strength: Jesus Christ, our Redeemer & Savior! Is He your Savior, too? Has He completely changed your life from wanting to serve self to wanting to serve Jesus? Are you learning to live in a holy, sanctified way by yielding your will to the Holy Spirit’s power and God’s Word?
–Mark and Rachel Shaw (grateful for God’s redeeming power to save us from our sins)