As you will see, the state of Alabama has got this one right! Read the following which is quoted directly from the Alabama Dept of Public Safety driver license manual on www.dps.alabama.gov
WHO CANNOT BE LICENSED
An Alabama driver license shall not be issued to:
• Persons under 16 years of age.
• Any person whose driving rights or privilege is suspended or revoked in any state.
• Any person afflicted with or suffering from a physical or mental impairment which, in the opinion of the Director of Public Safety or examining officer, will prevent such person from exercising reasonable and ordinary control over a motor vehicle.
• Any person failing to pass the examination when required.
• Any person who is a habitual drunkard or addicted to the use of narcotic drugs.
I stopped there. There is more and if you are interested, you can go to the website and read more. But here we have BIBLICAL language describing human behavior because the state recognizes the truth and HOLDS PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE for their CHOICES that become HABITUAL (not compulsive) leading to DRUNKENNESS as described in this case as someone who is a DRUNKARD!
The State of Alabama cannot afford to let habitual drunkards escape their God-given responsibilities and neither can the church! Eternity is at stake for us in the body of Christ!
-Mark (way to go, State of Alabama Dept of Public Safety!)