Tag: Curtis Solomon
Dr. Shaw’s Recent Podcast with the Biblical Counseling Coalition
Dr. Mark E. Shaw had the opportunity to be interviewed by Curtis Solomon via the Biblical Counseling Coalition Podcast.Curtis and Mark had a fascinating video discussion of biblical counseling and addictions and covered a lot of ground in this 35 minute or so video:
- 3 basic heart issues in the struggle to overcome any sin in our lives (these are taught extensively in Understanding Temptation)
- What is meant by the term “worship disorder”
- What about the biological aspects of substance abuse?
- The great opportunity for local churches to get involved in reaching addicts for Christ
- Truth in Love Ministry’s training around the country, with potential local church partnerships
- The need for residential programs
- Some of the resources and programs Dr. Shaw personally recommends around the country
- And finally, a fun “2 Minute Favorites” in which some of Mark’s favorite earthly things are revealed:)
Please Watch and Share! The entire interview can be found on the BCC website here.
~Mary (Mark’s wife for all of this earthly life)